Mad Men is set in the 1960s, initially at the fictional Sterling Cooper advertising agency on Madison Avenue in New York City, and later at the newly created firm Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce. The focal point of the series is Don Draper (Jon Hamm), creative director at Sterling Cooper and a founding partner at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce, and the people in his life, both in and out of the office. The plot focuses on the business of the agencies as well as the personal lives of the characters, regularly depicting the changing moods and social mores of the United States in the 1960s.
Other characters include:
- Peggy Olson (Elisabeth Moss)
- Pete Campbell (Vincent Kartheiser)
- Betty Francis (née Hofstadt, formerly Draper) (January Jones)
- Joan Harris (née Holloway) (Christina Hendricks)
- Roger Sterling (John Slattery)
- Lane Pryce (Jared Harris)
- Bertram “Bert” Cooper (Robert Morse)
- Kenneth “Ken” Cosgrove (Aaron Staton)
- Harold “Harry” Crane (Rich Sommer)
- Sally Beth Draper (Kiernan Shipka)
- Megan Draper (née Calvet) (Jessica Paré)
Mad Men Episodes
All Mad Men Episodes
Recent 'Mad Men' Headlines
Mad Men will be sticking around just a little bit longer…more or less, as AMC is planning to give the period drama a two-year final season. Per The Huffington Post,...
Christina Rene Hendricks never found much stability during her childhood, as her father, who worked for the United States Forest Service, moved them around the country for his professional obligations....
Mad Men is set in the 1960s, initially at the fictional Sterling Cooper advertising agency on Madison Avenue in New York City, and later at the newly created firm Sterling...